1/15/2010

Suicidal post

This post is going to be a suicidal one, but still there’s no way I’m gonna give it up! So watch me first displaying one of my resent sketches named ‘Los Maricones De Asia’ by Irina :) …

And right after that leaving you with images that make all the other drawings in this blog (and far beyond it) nothing but a scribble.


I constantly return to David Downtown’s illustrations over the last year to grasp some inspiration. These drawings to me are both exquisite (let us synchronize our watches, this is what ‘beauty’ looks like for me) and somehow familiar. Maybe because they remind me of the illustrations from 60s/70s fashion mags my mom used to store on the balcony in our old apartment and which I used to page through infinite set of times being a kid.

BTW I loved Downtown’s interview on his website (www.daviddownton.com). The man is not trying to be all that I'll-paint-your-eyes-in-when-I've-seen-your-soul-kind. Being nonartificially honest he’s not trying to make a big deal of something that actually is a big deal.

I might be wrong but it seems to me that while all this graphic tablet illustrations with fashion-spasmatical girls (to be fair, I do like a lot of them) will eventually be replaced by some other popular manner these paintings will remain perfect for me.

P.S. one gorgeous Ded Moros presented me watercolous last weekend but I still haven't found time and courage to test it)) hope this weekend I finally will!

4 comments:

  1. ded moroz takoi ded moroz xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. дада
    мне он нравится очень)

    ReplyDelete
  3. красныйнос
    намподарочкипринес

    ReplyDelete
  4. я пожалуй еще не видела иллюстраций с более точным попаданием в мое "красиво")

    ReplyDelete